“Language is the most massive and inclusive art we know, a mountainous and anonymous work of unconscious generations.”

Thursday, 3 September 2015

Deserts, Vampires, and Snakes

So I recently went on a trip to New Mexico, my birth place. I had quite an amazing time visiting White Sands, Carlsbad Caverns, and many other places. But it has come to an end, all too soon it seems. The desert is one of those exotic, almost magical places; it can seem so dry and barren at first glance, yet it's so full of life and adventure at every turn. Perhaps I only feel this way because I don't live there? XD


I've also been reading "The Vampire Lestat" by Anne Rice, a very interesting book I must say. It has me craving for more and more, unable to put the book down, just as a Vampire craves for a mortals blood. :D And to top it all off, I've been watching the anime Hellsing Ultimate too. Arucard has seriously got to be one of the most epic characters of all time, same goes for Lestat... Geez, what's with all these epic vampire characters? Well, it certainly is an inspiration to work on my Vampiric conlang some more!
“I'm Gentleman Death in silk and lace,
come to put out the candles.
The canker in the heart of the rose.”
 I recently had the inspiration for a new conlang too, a Language of the Lamiae (part-snake part-human). The phonology is full of lots of fricatives and affricates, and there are even linguolabial consonants. The grammar is very peculiar so far, and there are many peculiarities with the lexicon too since they live in a desert environment and are poikilotherms. Hopefully I'll have a page up and running sooner or later that will go more into detail!
Thaw lhanpith țpelynuts pțacha nposromutph țelynets,
ce yphw atsylith sy phțimus.
And in other news I have surpassed 16,000 words on the story I'm writing! Yay! This story will use three conlangs I have created for it; Klubnarg, Suruturian, and Qaaran'atl. And of course I hope to have pages up for those in the future.
"Give me all your catnip, meow!"



No comments:

Post a Comment